7 tips for a relaxing patio
April 24, 2018 | Outdoor living, Pergolas, Patios, Verandahs | 0 comments | Author: Paul Hurkmans
Let’s face it, life is stressful for most of us. If it’s not deadlines or an over-eager boss at work it’s providing a free taxi service for the kids all week and weekends. Which is why everyone needs a place to relax and unwind, and we reckon a patio is the best option. Not only is being outdoors better for you than being stuck inside, a patio can help you escape the grind of normal life, if only for a short time.
So, let’s look at how you can make your patio the sanctuary you want it to be.
Relax and unwind on your patio
- Whether you live in a quiet neighbourhood or somewhere where the sounds of cars and neighbours are a constant presence, adding some soothing noise is an excellent idea. A common option is the sound of running water, with the addition of a water feature. Other options include setting-up a Bluetooth speaker or outdoor speakers to play relaxing music or sounds, installing wind chimes, or creating an environment to attract birds, frogs and other fauna.
- It’s hard to relax if your patio isn’t private, but the addition of outdoor blinds will solve this issue. Plus, you’ll have the added bonus of a patio that’s cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Outside Concepts can help you install quality outdoor blinds for your patio. On the other hand, if you have a great view, make use of it by making sure it’s not blocked by trees and shrubs, furniture or other items.
- Invest in some good furniture. An outdoor dining suite and/or lounge suite is a start but for the ultimate in relaxation consider adding a hammock, hanging chair or reclining seat.
- When considering comfort, also think about the heat and the cold. You don’t need to spend big (spending lots of money might get you stressed!). A simple gas heater for the cold and fan for the heat should do.
- Don’t head indoors when it starts to get dark, stay and relax in your patio with the help of outdoor lights and candles.
- Transform your patio surrounds into an oasis, with a beautiful garden. Ferns and palms are particularly good, as they create a tropical feel, even in the southern states. The addition of scented plants will also help the relaxation process.
- The sight and sound of running water is very relaxing, and the same goes for fire. A fire pit, chiminea, outdoor fireplace or outdoor gas log fire will provide relaxation as well as much needed heat in the cooler months.
Build your new ‘relaxing’ patio with Outside Concepts
If you want to design and build a new patio for your home you can relax, as Outside Concepts can take care of everything for you. From a free design and quote, organising local council approval, building of the patio to clean up at the end, Outside Concepts makes the process as stress-free as possible.
Build your new ‘relaxing’ patio with Outside Concepts and enjoy our 10-year structural warranty. Call us on 1800 601 674.