Autumn’s a cool time to clean your outdoor living area
March 21, 2015 | Uncategorized | 0 comments
| Author: Paul Hurkmans
Hot days of summer are seemingly behind us and with more temperate weather to look forward to, it’s a good time to get outside and give your carport, deck, patio, verandah or pergola a bit of tender loving care. So get out the bucket and water, crank up the water pressure washer and clean your outdoor living area.
Tips for how to clean your outdoor living area:
- Before you clean your outdoor living area, remove smaller items from the area and put them out of the way.
- Take a good look at the area to see if there are issues that need fixing. Keep an eye out for problems such as rotting timber, raised nails in the deck and flaking paintwork.
- Hose down the whole area to remove the surface dust and any cobwebs. If you have a pressure washer, even better.
- Mix a cleaning product with water in a bucket or tub. There are many commercial products available – including ones specifically for decks – or you may consider using bleach or another product from the laundry. Remember to test a small area first to make sure it will be suitable and won’t harm your paint, oil, other sealer or timber. Also, don’t forget to protect your garden as some products can kill or harm lawns and plants.
- Use a stiff brush to clean down every surface of your carport, deck, patio, verandah or pergola, using your cleaning solution.
- Leave for several minutes and then hose down or pressure spray to remove all the cleaning solution.
- Once the area is dry, you might want to consider moving your furniture, BBQ, pots and other items around, to maximise light, improve protection from the elements or simply to change things around.
- It’s also a good time to consider making improvements, like getting some new pots and plants, rejuvenating the garden beds around your outside structure or buying a new BBQ.
Most importantly, once you’ve finished the work, get yourself a drink and sit down outside to enjoy it – you deserve it after your hard work!
Concept to clean up. Call Outside Concepts for a free quote on 1800 601 674.