The benefits of using aluminium in outside structures
June 15, 2014 | Outdoor living, Uncategorized | 0 comments | Author: Paul Hurkmans
When people think of the best material to use for the frame of an outside structure, the two choices generally considered are timber and steel. However, there is a third and perhaps better material you should also consider.
Aluminium is a great choice for an outside project – not just in the beams and posts but also as a material of choice for brackets. Here are several reasons why aluminium is an attractive alternative to timber and steel:
- Aluminium is strong. You’ll find aluminium in window frames, large-scale roofing such as shopping centres and stadiums, and heating and cooling systems. Airplanes are also largely made from aluminium.
- It’s light, making it easy to work with.
- It’s not as expensive as you might think and, in fact, in some cases may be cheaper than steel.
- Perhaps most importantly, aluminium lasts a long time and is resistant to weathering and corrosion.
- It’s also maintenance free!
- Aluminium products are available in a wide range of colours.
- Aluminium is recyclable and can be used over and over again.
To find out more about the benefits of aluminium beams, posts and brackets and whether it would be suitable for your outside project, contact Outside Concepts on 1800 601 674.
Find out about Outside Concepts’ 10-year structural warranty. Call us on 1800 601 674.