5 steps to your perfect Berwick carport
June 19, 2018 | Carports | 0 comments
| Author: Paul Hurkmans
Building any new outdoor structure, including a carport, in Berwick or the greater Dandenong area is a major decision, but it’s not just committing to the project that you need to decide on. There are a variety of pivotal decisions you need to make that will be the key to the perfect Berwick carport for you and your family.
Berwick carport – 5 key decisions
- Perhaps the most important decision is where you will locate your carport. For some homeowners the choice will be obvious, while for others it may not. For most people, having their carport close to their home and near a door is a must, particularly when the weather’s inclement or you have groceries or other items to carry between the car and your home.
- An adjoining or freestanding carport? A Berwick carport that adjoins your home is excellent if it’s protection from the elements you are after, while a freestanding carport can be a stylish and better choice if space between your home and fences is tight.
- Size does matter when it comes to building a carport in the Berwick or greater Dandenong area. It’s not just about your needs now, think about what they may be in the future. In addition, to prevent a squeeze and car doors hitting other cars or parts of your carport, make sure your carport is wide enough for your needs. While there’s no such thing as standard size, around 5.8 metres wide for a double car carport and 3.2 metres wide for a single car carport is recommended at a minimum.
- Location and size may impact practicality, but the style of your carport is also important. A simple tip when deciding on factors such as roof shape, the materials you use in your carport, design elements and the like is to look at your home. You can match your home’s style, which is often the best choice, or choose a style that will complement your home.
- While it’s our last tip it’s also a very important one: make sure you know whether you have to get council approval for your new Berwick carport. Generally, for a carport, you will, but every council is different and it’s worth knowing the details before you get too far into the process. Luckily, if you choose Outside Concepts, we can help you look after any local planning and permit requirements.
Apart from these key 5 decisions, the best decision you can make is to get Darren Cooper and his team from Outside Concepts Berwick to help you build your new carport. He knows the local area well (see decision 5 on council approval!) and his branch area takes in the suburbs of Beaconsfield, Berwick, Pakenham and Officer, as well as the greater Dandenong area.
Give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674 and we can get Darren to organise a no-obligation discussion at a time that suits you.
From concept to clean up, you can rely on us. Give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674 to organise a free quote.