When it comes to any investment around the home, finances are key and that’s certainly the case if you’re considering a new Brisbane verandah. Your new outdoor area needs to be within your available budget, cost-competitive and it’s got to add value to your home.
Will your new verandah for your Brisbane home achieve all this? Let’s take a closer look.
A Brisbane verandah within your budget
One of the first questions you need to ask yourself if you’re building a new Brisbane verandah is how much money you have to spend. Then, consider what you can get for your budget.
Designing and building a verandah within a budget requires a thoughtful and strategic approach to balance style, functionality and affordability. Here are key considerations to help you build a verandah without breaking the bank:
- Start with a clear plan and design that suits your space and complements your home.
- Choose a simple and straightforward design that aligns with your budget constraints. For example, choosing a flat roof design rather than something more intricate.
- Choose cost-effective yet durable materials. This could mean, for example, using Colorbond or polycarbonate roofing instead of tiles or insulated roof panels.
- Identify essential features for your verandah and prioritise them within your budget. You might not be able to afford an outdoor kitchen, heating or cooling now, but that’s okay. Start with the essential elements and gradually add features over time as funds become available.
- Understand local building regulations and obtain necessary permits to avoid fines or delays that can impact your budget. Compliance from the outset is essential.
- If low maintenance is important for you, choose materials that require minimal upkeep. For example, you might want to use a steel structure instead of timber, as it will require less maintenance. A common belief is that steel will be more expensive, but this isn’t always the case. As the materials can be prefabricated off-site and then erected quickly, a steel verandah can sometimes cost less than a timber one.
A Brisbane verandah that’s cost-competitive
It’s one thing to have a budget and sticking to it, but you also want to make sure the money you do spend works hard for you. The easiest way to do this is to shop around and get multiple quotes.
If you’ll be using a Brisbane verandah builder for your project – and most people should – get two or three quotes so you can compare. Make sure the quotes are detailed and list all important details, such as the style of verandah and materials that will be used.
If you are going to build the verandah yourself, get at least two quotes for the materials. You could potentially save a few hundred dollars by shopping around.
A Brisbane verandah to add value to your home
Constructing a new verandah for your Brisbane home has the potential to boost the future resale value of your home. The extent of this impact varies and hinges on factors such as the verandah’s quality and prevailing market conditions. However, as a rule, the investment is often recouped, and frequently, even surpassed.
Strategically, the key to building any outdoor structure with an eye on returns is to avoid overcapitalisation. Finding the delicate balance between expenditure and anticipated returns can pose challenges.
Seeking guidance from a local expert – like our Outside Concepts North Brisbane branch – becomes invaluable in navigating these decisions and ensuring a smart investment in your property.
If money matters, Outside Concepts is the smart choice
If money matters to you, then Outside Concepts is the best team to design and build your new Brisbane verandah. In fact, quality workmanship and materials, customised solutions, a 10-year structural guarantee, detailed quotes, fixed price guarantee and our franchise buying power make us the only choice. In addition, we won’t be beaten on any comparable written quote.
Phone us on 1800 601 674 or contact us and we’ll put you in touch with our local branch. If you live in the northern suburbs of Brisbane, that will be Martin Harris and his team from North Brisbane.
From concept to clean up, you can rely on us. Give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674 to organise a free quote.