With around 8 weeks to Christmas, now’s the time to get any major work done around the house, in preparation for celebrating Christmas in Australia at your place, or for entertainment and relaxation opportunities during the summer holidays. Here are some ideas to get the ball rolling:
Celebrating Christmas in Australia outdoors:
- While upgrading or building a new outdoor entertainment area is a great idea – and a fantastic investment – if you only use an outside area occasionally, another consideration might be a carport. By designing and building a carport for your home, you’ll create a place to keep you car or cars out of the elements. Plus, when friends or family are around, you can move the cars and you have an ideal place to entertain.
- If your entertainment area is looking a bit boring or old, get Outside Concepts in to give you some ideas. Projects such as replacing the decking boards, installing permanent benches, adding a section of roof or fitting timber garden borders around one or more of the edges can bring your outdoor area back to life.
- If you love your entertainment area but don’t like nosey neighbours, consider screening. Timber and non-timber screening, as pictured with this blog, are perfect when privacy for your outside area is a concern. Screening can also reduce the impact of wind.
- The warmer weather is all about being outside for most Australians so why not plan your Christmas lunch for the outdoors. Consider updating your outside furniture and BBQ or, if your existing furniture and BBQ are in good condition, give them a good clean in preparation for the big day.
- Start doing some research on what you want to serve for Christmas lunch. Some items – such as steamed pudding and shortbread – can be made ahead to save your time on the day.
Looking for a solution to your outdoor lifestyle this Christmas? Call us now for a free quote on
1800 601 674.