If you’re Google searches are full of terms like ‘ways to relax at home’ and ‘pergola builders near me’, then this post is for you. We’ll show you how to combine the two popular searches by creating a stunning pergola for your Sydney home that will be so tranquil, you can’t help but relax.
10 tips for a relaxing, calming Sydney pergola
- Identify the ideal spot for your pergola. Consider factors like sunlight exposure, views and proximity to your house. Choose a location that maximises shade during peak sun hours while allowing a gentle breeze to flow through.
- The design can be all important when you’re after a pergola for ultimate relaxation. Decide on the size, shape, and style that complements your outdoor space. Size is particularly important as a cramped space won’t evoke feelings of calmness.
- Materials selection can be important. For true relaxation, for the structure it’s hard to go past hardwood, pardon the pun. Beautiful hardwood, particularly when it’s oiled or stained, can transfer you to an Asian resort in an instant. However, the trade-off is that it will require more maintenance. If you prefer low maintenance options, choose steel instead.
- Choose colours that are relaxing and calming. This is not the time for bright red! It’s generally agreed that cool colours like blues and greens are the most relaxing and calming.
- Consider adding features to your Sydney pergola that will help you relax. The list of potentials is long and could include heating for the cold, cooling or ceiling fans for the heat, outdoor blinds, insulted roof panels and louvred roofs.
- The choice of furniture is very important and comfort is the key. If space allows, consider the addition of a hammock, swing seat or outdoor bean bag.
- Integrate greenery into your Sydney pergola to enhance the ambiance. Consider climbing vines, potted plants or hanging gardens to add a natural touch and create a soothing environment.
- Well-thought-out lighting can also help create a calm environment. String lights, lanterns or subtle LED fixtures can extend your relaxation time well into the evening.
- The addition of a water feature is a great idea to evoke feeling of relaxation and calmness.
- Enhance privacy with screens, vegetation or outdoor blinds. This allows you to create a secluded sanctuary within your pergola.
Make the step towards a new relaxing pergola today
How do you go from searching for ‘pergola builders near me’ on our phone to stepping into your brand new, relaxation haven? Simple, close your browser and use your phone app to call Outside Concepts.
While Google is great for conducting a bit of research, there’s nothing like getting advice from a real pergola expert. A pergola builder near you who can turn your dream for a relaxing pergola into a reality.
Call us on 1800 601 674 and if you live in the northern suburbs of Sydney we’ll get local branch manager Brett Nitschke to get in touch. Like all our branch managers, Brett is a specialist in providing bespoke solutions. So, he can design and build a patio that will suit all your needs and complement your home perfectly.
Give us a call today. You’ll start to feel more relaxed straight away!
Looking for a solution to your outdoor lifestyle? Call us now for a free quote on 1800 601 674.
Need a relaxing haven for your home? Outside Concepts have a solution for that with a new Sydney pergola.