Let’s face it, if you can predict the Adelaide weather of late you should be for working for the Bureau of Meteorology. We’ve had searing heat, pouring rain, high winds and even some cooler days thrown in for good measure. Which is all well and good if you have a good Adelaide carport, but if you haven’t, you’d better start planning!
An Adelaide carport by design
There’s a lot to be said for having a well-designed and built Adelaide carport, whether it’s for four seasons in one year or four seasons in one day. Let’s take a look at just some of the advantages:
- Parking your car in the shade of your Adelaide carport, rather than in the hot summer sun, can reduce the temperature inside your car by up to 30 degrees!
- Keeping the elements off your car will help to protect it, keep it clean and reduce depreciation costs.
- It can get mighty hot in Adelaide in summer, but it can also bucket down, as we saw on the first day of this month. If you’ve ever been caught in a mad dash in the rain from your car to your house or vice-a-versa, you’ll appreciate the advantages of having a carport. If your Adelaide carport is built beside your house, even more so.
- While frosts aren’t all that common in Adelaide and surrounding suburbs, they are an all-too-welcome (or should that be unwelcome?) visitor in the Adelaide Hills. A carport will protect your car from a frost and reduce the times you’ll need to scrape down your windows with freezing cold hands!
- The reasons you’d like a carport for your Adelaide home are the same reasons that future, potential buyers also want a carport. That’s why a well-designed carport isn’t just a handy addition to your home for your car, it can be an even handier addition when you come to sell. A carport can literally add thousands of dollars to the sale price of your home.
Adelaide carport style
Practicality aside, the most important part of any new Adelaide carport is the style. A carport that’s been designed to match or complement your home will provide the wow factor that most homeowners are looking for.
So, how do you make sure your new Adelaide carport is stylish?
As we alluded to in a previous paragraph, building a carport that matches or complements your current home is the key. The roof shape, materials you choose, colours and other factors will all play a part. The trick is to take inspiration from your home and, to a lesser extent, the types of homes and structures in your street. You’ll then be well on your way to building a carport that really adds style and adds maximum value for your investment dollar.
Phone Outside Concepts
There is one other way to make sure your new Adelaide carport is practical and has style and that’s simply to call Outside Concepts. We’re experts at customising designs to match and complement your home; there are no cookie-cutter carports when you use Outside Concepts.
For more information, take a look at our Adelaide branch pages or give us a call on 1800 601 674.
Find out about Outside Concepts’ 10-year structural warranty. Call us on 1800 601 674.