One of the great things about living in Ferntree Gully is that while we’re relatively close to Melbourne, we also have the natural beauty of The Dandenongs on our doorstep. Which is why, if you’re looking for a flooring product for your new patio, pergola or verandah, a timber deck is a natural choice.
Here are 8 reasons why a timber deck is a great choice in Ferntree Gully:
- Timber is, well, natural! Yes, there are other outdoor flooring products you could choose that are natural, but a timber deck is likely to be the most economical natural solution. Plus, with the timbered beauty of the nearby hills, a timber deck will be in perfect harmony with the surrounding environment.
- A Ferntree Gully deck will not only be natural, it will also be beautiful and create a feeling of warmth and comfort.
- There are a wide range of timbers you can choose from, to suit your home and desire. While merbau is an extremely popular choice, as is treated pine if you’re looking for an economical solution, you can also choose eucalyptus species such as blackbutt, ironbark, jarrah and spotted gum.
- If your house block is sloping or undulating, as can be quite common around Ferntree Gully, a timber deck can easily be built to cater for the uneven ground. You could simply have one end higher off the ground than the other or, for a more interesting look, add split levels.
- A timber deck is comfortable to walk on and will remain cooler in hot conditions than many outdoor flooring products.
- A Ferntree Gully timber deck will also be good for the environment, as timber is a renewable resource. If you are environmentally-conscious, make sure you choose a timber deck that is sourced from sustainably grown timber.
- A well-maintained timber deck will be an investment that will pay dividends in the future, if you decide to sell your home.
- Timber decking is an extremely strong and durable product. You can increase the strength and durability of a timber deck with regular maintenance, ensuring your timber deck will look its best for many decades.
Timber decks in Ferntree Gully
If you’re looking to build a timber deck in Ferntree Gully and surrounds, Outside Concepts Ferntree Gully Branch can help you every step of the way.
Ron Matz is the owner of the Ferntree Gully branch of Outside Concepts and he’ll ensure your timber deck will be the best it can possibly be. Whether you want a small Ferntree Gully deck or a large, expansive decking area, he’ll take the time to talk to you about your goals and desires, and go through all options with you. Then, when you go ahead with Ron and his team, he’ll deal with everything for you, from the drafting, engineering, insurances and council application procedures, through to the building of your Ferntree Gully deck and the clean up at the end.
As with all Outside Concepts projects, you’ll also enjoy the peace of mind of our 10-year structural warranty when you use Outside Concepts Ferntree Gully Branch for your timber decking project.
From concept to clean up, you can rely on us. Give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674 to organise a free quote.