While Easter is synonymous with bunnies and chocolates, in Australia it’s also becoming a common time to roll up the sleeves and get some work done around the house. After all, it’s not often most of us have a four-day weekend. Here at Outside Concepts, we reckon Easter is a great time to get into your outdoor living area to give it a good clean. A spring clean in autumn, if you like, and you and your family will enjoy the benefits for months to come!
Tips for cleaning your outdoor living area
- The best way to start the job is to clear away your outdoor furniture, barbecue and any other items in your outdoor living area. They’ll need a clean as well (see tip 6) but that can wait until later.
- Once your outdoor living area is bare, give it a quick once-over to check for issues and get them fixed. Look for any raised nails in your deck or raised pavers, flaking paint, a flapping roof or anything else that needs attending to.
- Clean the gutters around your outdoor living area. You should probably do the rest of your house, as well, while you’re at it.
- Now it’s time to clean. If you have a pressure washer, it will save you quite a bit of time, but a bucket filled with a little detergent and water, plus a standard garden hose on the full setting will do.
- If the weather is decent, this may also be your last chance to re-oil a timber deck before the colder weather rolls in. See our recent blog on How to re-oil a timber deck for tips.
- Now, give your outdoor living furniture and barbecue a good clean. If you have unpainted timber furniture, the tips on how to re-oil a deck are the same for furniture, so give your chairs and table some tender loving care as well.
- Having an outdoor living area that’s surrounded by a nice garden will always improve the ambience, so give everything a weed, a good water and top up the mulch. You may also like to go to the local nursery for new plants, or for pots, to give a splash of colour.
- Now to the most important step: put everything back in place and reward yourself with a barbecue and a cool drink. You deserve it!
Concept to clean up. Call Outside Concepts for a free quote on 1800 601 674.