If you have an older style Brisbane home and are looking to add a carport, here’s a simple tip for most homeowners that could take your new addition from meh to wow. Simply design and build a timber gable heritage style carport.
Why are timber gable heritage carports so suited to Brisbane? And what is a gable anyway?
What is a gable carport?
The word gable refers to the shape of the carport’s roof.
When it comes to roof shapes, there are several you can potential choose for your Brisbane carport:
- A flat roof carport needs no explanation. One thing that is worth adding is if you have a modern or contemporary style home a flat roof carport is a possible contender.
- Another common roof style is the hip. This is when all four sections of the roof slope up from the sides and ends to meet at a point at the top.
- While certainly not common, a curved roof is definitely different. One of the key advantages of a curved roof – apart from looking relatively unique – is that it adds extra height under a carport.
- Then we have the gable roof shape, which is simple, classical and suits heritage carports down to the ground. A gable roof is where the two sections of roof on the sides of the carport slope up to meet at a ridge on the top. This forms a triangle at both ends.
- We should also mention Dutch gable roofs, which have a small gable section at the top of a hip roof. These can also work very well alongside older style Brisbane homes.
Timber gable heritage carports in Brisbane
So, why do timber gable heritage carports work so well in Brisbane?
It’s simply that there are a lot of older style homes – such as the quintessential Queenslander – that feature gable roofs. Add a gable roof carport alongside a home that features a gable roof and you have a match made in heaven.
We should explain that timber is also the material of choice for the structure and decorative elements of heritage style carports. Again, this is simply because it matches the materials used in the home.
This concept of matching materials, roof styles, paint colours and other features from your home into your Brisbane carport is what will take your carport from a practical asset to a wow statement. And the best looking carport in the street that will add tremendous value to your home.
Timber gable heritage carports in Brisbane – think Outside Concepts
If you live on the northside of Brisbane (areas such as the inner city north and suburbs such as Alderley, Ashgrove, Grange, Kedron, Wooloowin, etc) Outside Concepts specialises in designing and building timber gable heritage carports. North Brisbane branch owner Martin Harris can build you a new carport for your Brisbane home that will meet – and more often than not exceed – your requirements.
It all starts with a no obligation meeting, to discuss your requirements, followed by a free quote and design. To organise a catch-up, call Outside Concepts on 1800 601 674 or complete the contact form on Martin’s website page.
Outside Concepts builds great things. Call now for a free Quote 1800 601 674.