Pine or Grey Merbau Timber decking in North Brisbane a hot choice
June 18, 2019 | Decking, Decks | 0 comments | Author: Paul Hurkmans
While our friends in the south (well, more frenemies in NSW during State of Origin time!) are cooling down, winter in Brisbane is mild, which is why it’s a great time to invest in new timber decking for your North Brisbane home.
Outside Concepts branch owner in North Brisbane is Martin Harris and he has been responsible for building hundreds of timber decking projects over the years. You can view a couple of these on this page, both expansive timber decks with beautiful views of the surrounding areas.
“My branch is family-owned and we’ve operated the business since 2000,” says Martin. “As the owner, I personally organise and supervise your entire North Brisbane timber decking project – the design, plans, council approval, insurances, building certification, delivery of quality materials, supervising top quality construction, organising any other trades and a thorough site clean-up.”
New timber decking in North Brisbane? Here are our five key tips
- The first is the most mundane, but it’s vital. Find out about your local council’s planning requirements. In some cases, depending on a range of factors such as the height of your timber deck, you might not need a permit, but it’s best to know from the outset.
- Now that the mundane task is out of the way, let’s get down to the nitty gritty of timber decking design and building in North Brisbane, which starts with the design and layout. Key decisions will include where do you want your deck located, how large do you want it to be and do you want any special features such as integrated bench seating or planters? It can be a good idea at this stage to do a rough drawing of how you want your timber decking to look. Allow enough space for all your items, such as furniture and barbecue. As well as doing a rough drawing, if you already have your furniture and barbecue it can be a sensible idea to place all your items on the ground where the deck will go to make sure you’ve allowed enough space.
- Choose the timber for your decking boards. There are many choices, including the ever popular merbau. If your budget is tight, another option is treated pine. The raw product can be less attractive for some people, but you can stain or paint your North Brisbane deck if you desire.
- Protection of your North Brisbane timber deck starts soon after it’s built, unless you choose a treated pine timber deck. If it’s a hardwood timber deck, you’ll want to protect your beautiful timber with a commercial finish. It many cases you will need to reapply the finish every 12 months or so, but it’s not an arduous task so don’t let this put you off. You’ll be rewarded in spades for the best looking timber decking in the North Brisbane area!
- Our last tip? Call in the experts at Outside Concepts North Brisbane. As Martin says, he’ll help you throughout the entire process and make your project as easy as possible.
Outside Concepts builds great things. Call now for a free Quote 1800 601 674.