While modern-style homes are certainly popular when it comes to new builds in the Adelaide area, there’s perhaps more heritage-style homes in this city, per capita, than any other capital city in Australia. Which is why heritage-style carports are also popular.
While many carport builders only build modern carports or don’t custom-design at all, Outside Concepts can build any style of carport and this includes heritage. In fact, if you live in Adelaide’s southern suburbs, chances are there’s a heritage-style carport built by our branch manager Craig Arthur and his team near you. He’s built literally hundreds of carports to go alongside heritage homes, and he can design and build the perfect one for you.
Heritage-style carport considerations in Adelaide
When it comes to designing and building heritage-style carports in Adelaide, there are some important considerations to keep in mind.
- First and foremost, of course, is your existing Adelaide home. Whether you’re building a verandah, patio, pergola or carport, you want an addition that’s going to complement the existing structure, not detract from it.
- One way of doing this is to garner inspiration from features in your heritage-style home. This could be detailed woodwork or fretwork, decorative mouldings, posts, end-fills or other features.
- Other vital considerations are the style of the roof of your existing home, the materials used (e.g. timber, metal roofing, tiles, etc.) and, of course, paint colours.
- This doesn’t mean some modern conveniences can’t be added. For example, you might want to include integrated lighting, security lights, an automatic roller door or an insulated ceiling.
- The ultimate aim when adding a new carport alongside a heritage-style home in Adelaide is to provide a seamless connection between the existing home and the new carport.
- In some cases, heritage-style homes may also have additional red tape. As well as local planning, you may also need to get heritage advisers involved and meet additional requirements.
Outside Concepts only build customised carports
One of the reasons that Outside Concepts can build carports (as well as other outdoor structures) for any style of home is that we only build customised projects. So, if your new Adelaide carport needs detailed woodwork, decorative mouldings or other customised features to blend it with your existing home, we’re the perfect team to call on.
If you do live in the southern suburbs of Adelaide, the person who can help you create a heritage-style carport is Craig Arthur at Outside Concepts Southern Branch. You can get in contact with Craig by phoning 1800 601 674 or submitting a contact form on his website page.
One of Craig and Outside Concept’s promises is to help clients throughout the entire project, from concept to clean up. This is perhaps even more important with heritage-style projects, as we can advise on how to create a seamless carport as well as support you through what can be a complex local planning permission process.
Contact Craig and start the process for a new heritage-style carport today!
Concept to clean up. Call Outside Concepts for a free quote on 1800 601 674.
If you have a heritage-style home in Adelaide and want a new carport, you have some special considerations to keep in mind.