To steal a line from the Aussie movie classic, The Castle, “How’s the serenity?” Because when you install a water feature under or near your Sydney patio that’s exactly what you’ll achieve.
But serenity isn’t the only reason to install a water feature. Water features also provide a great focal point and add visual charm to any outdoor living area, whether it’s a Sydney patio or verandah in Broken Hill. Imagine enjoying a coffee or cold beverage with a beautiful water feature trickling away nearby?
So if you’re thinking of adding a water feature to your Sydney patio, here are some ideas from Outside Concepts:
- There are many different styles of water features to choose from. There are the more elaborate, such as rock formation waterfalls and large water walls, right down to a simple water pot or fountain.
- Budget will play a part in which you choose, but also think about your house and surrounds. A bush block lends itself to a more natural feature, such as a rock spillway, while a contemporary water feature will look great in a modern backyard.
- The space you have available under or near your Sydney patio needs to be taken into account. You might want to consult the whole family – you might like the idea of digging up the lawn to install a large rock pool but your footy-loving kids might have other ideas!
- You can get an expert in to install a water feature or you might want to do it yourself. If going the DIY approach, you can purchase ready to install features or, if you’re feeling bold and want a more individual feature, build your own from scratch by utilising containers, piping and a water pump.
- Make sure you consider safety. A deeper pond may need a grill installed to protect young children from drowning. And consider the placement of an electric power point for the pump.
- Think about integrating water-friendly LED lights with your water feature, for a focal point that looks brilliant even at night.
Looking for a solution to your outdoor lifestyle? Call us now for a free quote on 1800 601 674.