Unless you like to drink your cold beverage from an aluminium can, you probably wouldn’t think that aluminium could improve your outdoor living lifestyle, but it can (no pun intended!).
We’re talking about the use of aluminium for the structural material in your outdoor living area. You might not think of using aluminium for this purpose – timber or steel are the two most popular choices – but aluminium is definitely worth considering if you’re building a new patio, pergola, verandah or carport.
Where can you use aluminium?
You can use aluminium in your outdoor living area in more places than you might think.
The posts that support the structure are an obvious one but you can also use aluminium in the beams and other structural supports. Plus, aluminium brackets, roof sheets, guttering and downpipes can also be sourced.
Why use aluminium?
Great, so now you know how widely you can use aluminium in your new outdoor living area, but the question is why. Why would you use aluminium over timber or steel?
Here are several reasons why aluminium is an attractive alternative to timber or steel:
- The most obvious reason is that aluminium is light. You might not benefit from this advantage but your outdoor living area builder will, as its lightweight characteristics make posts and beams easier to transport, handle and install.
- It may be light, but it’s certainly not weak. In fact, aluminium is mighty strong. Most modern jetliners are covered in aluminium – need we say more!
- Aluminium is resistant to corrosion and weathering. So, if you use aluminium in your outdoor living area it will look great and stay strong for decades.
- Aluminium is virtually maintenance-free. A clean now and again will help it keep looking it’s best.
- Aluminium was once regarded as expensive, but in some cases in can be cheaper than using steel. And, because it’s pre-fabricated, it can be cheaper to use than timber in some circumstances due to reduced labour costs.
- Aluminium products are available in a wide range of colours.
- Aluminium is recyclable so it’s good for the environment.
To find out more about the benefits of aluminium in your outdoor living area, contact Outside Concepts on 1800 601 674.
Looking for a solution to your outdoor lifestyle? Call us now for a free quote on 1800 601 674.