We might sometimes take it for granted, but for those of us in Bayside Melbourne, it’s one of the best places in the world to live. With a lifestyle that takes full advantage of the region’s coastal beauty, temperate climate and stunning surroundings, we’re the envy of many.
One of the key elements that define the way of life in Bayside Melbourne is getting outside more and at home that means into a patio. When it comes to patios and outdoor living, the modern trend is to blur the line between indoor and outdoor living. In this blog post, we explore how Bayside Melbourne homeowners are embracing the concept of indoor-outdoor living, creating seamless connections between their interior spaces and the great outdoors.
8 tips for embracing indoor-outdoor living in your Melbourne patio
Here are Outside Concepts’ 9 key tips for blurring the lines between indoor-outdoor living:
- Seamless floor transitions will go a long way in blurring the line between indoors and outdoors. So, if you have tiles inside your home, use tiles as your outdoor flooring. Polished concrete inside? Use polished concrete outside. Our favourite choice is of course a timber deck, which seamlessly works with timber flooring that is so popular inside today’s homes.
- Invest in quality outdoor furniture. Purchasing good quality furniture not only means it will last longer, but it also looks better and be more comfortable.
- Create an expansive patio space if possible. Obviously you’ll be dictated somewhat to the space you have available, but by making your patio space as expansive as possible it will allow you to create functional zones, just like you have inside.
- Incorporate greenery by using planters, potted plants and surrounding your patio with garden beds. Adding a touch of nature to your outdoor area makes it more inviting.
- Thoughtful décor will also help to blur the lines. Think rugs, cushions, throws, etc. You probably have them inside, so use them outside too. Just make sure you choose water-resistant items.
- Outdoor heating is a must for Melbourne if you want to use your patio more regularly. Consider outdoor heating options such as fire pits, outdoor heaters or even a fireplace.
- Outdoor lighting that is well-placed and thought out can transform your outdoor space into a magical oasis at night.
- Replacing small entrances with large, expansive glass doors is a key item to blur the lines between inside and outside. This provides an uninterrupted view of your patio, garden area and beyond.
Benefits of a new Melbourne patio that embraces indoor-outdoor living
The advantages of blurring the line between indoor and outdoor living in Bayside Melbourne are numerous and include:
- More living space. By extending your living area into the outdoors you gain more space for relaxation, recreation, and entertainment.
- You’ll increase the natural light that floods into your indoors, which saves energy and promotes a sense of well-being and connection to nature.
- Getting outside more, into your patio, fosters a sense of serenity and calm, benefiting mental health and overall quality of life.
- Hosting gatherings will be a breeze when you have a beautiful new patio that blends seamlessly with your indoors. Your guests can flow seamlessly between the spaces.
- Homes with well-designed indoor-outdoor living spaces tend to have higher resale values due to their appeal.
Contact the Melbourne patio experts
Someone who understands Bayside Melbourne well, and knows how to maximise its advantages, is David Buntin. David is the Outside Concepts Bayside Melbourne owner and has lived in the area for over 25 years.
To organise a quote on a new patio for your home – and a free design of what it can look like – call Outside Concepts on 1800 601 674. You can also visit David’s page and submit a contact form.
Concept to clean up. Call Outside Concepts for a free quote on 1800 601 674.
See Outside Concepts eight key tips for embracing indoor-outdoor living in your Melbourne patio.