While not everyone is lucky enough to have a stunning new pool for the warmer weather, most of us can afford a new Melbourne verandah. Plus, with some careful planning, it can be as beautiful and inviting as this one.
The Melbourne verandah pictured in this blog was built by Ron Matz and his team from Outside Concepts Kew Branch. Located in Camberwell, the verandah, pool and landscaping will no doubt form the centrepiece of gatherings and family weekends for many years to come.
The verandah runs the entire length of the back of the house and features elements such as timber decking, clear roofing to let light in, elegant lighting and outdoor blinds. Raised timber decking features have also been included as part of the landscaping and for seating. There’s space for dining, lounging and relaxation, and possibly even sleeping judging by the comfortable freestanding egg chair!
The result, we’re sure you’ll agree, is as practical as it is elegant.
Build your Melbourne verandah
A well designed and built Melbourne verandah will give you years of enjoyment and comfort. It will provide an area where you can relax with family and entertain friends.
Here are a few tips if you’re considering getting a new verandah for your Melbourne home:
- Think carefully about the proportions of your verandah. Depending on you and your family, bigger isn’t always better. Just ensure there’s enough space for your relaxation and entertainment needs, plus anything you want to store under the verandah.
- What type of roofing material will you use? Matching your verandah’s roof with your home is always a winner, but don’t be frightened to use a different material if you want.
- Consider, also, the structural material. Timber is beautiful, but requires maintenance, while steel and aluminium are virtually maintenance free.
- What’s your budget? A small budget will limit what you can achieve, but it should not stop you from building a Melbourne verandah. Outside Concepts are experts at getting the most from your budget.
- If budget allows, consider adding features such as lighting, heating and outdoor blinds. Plus, while you might not be able to afford a stunning pool, you may be able to splash out on a water feature to create an even more relaxing environment.
For help with your verandah project, contact Outside Concepts today. Together we can turn your dream Melbourne verandah into reality.
Find out about Outside Concepts’ 10-year structural warranty. Call us on 1800 601 674.