We can probably hear what you’re saying. Yes, a carport can be good but will building one for my Melbourne western suburbs home really be life changing?
While we may have stretched this a little too far, we do believe that a new carport can open up a whole lot of opportunities. Let’s look in more depth and let you decide how life changing these opportunities could be.
6 ways a carport can change your life
- Let’s start with an obvious one. If you design and build a carport for your Melbourne home you’ll be protecting your cars. After the purchase of our homes, our cars are likely to be our next biggest investments, so it pays to protect them. The sun, rain, hail and wind can all take their toll on exposed cars and a well-designed, custom-carport will keep your assets safe and well.
- You could, of course, build a garage to protect your cars, but a carport is likely to be more affordable. How much will depend on a range of factors, including size and the materials you choose.
- If you already have a garage for your Melbourne western suburbs home, a carport can still be mighty valuable. Many people use their garages for storage or secondary rooms, and therefore can’t park their cars inside. If this sounds like you, a carport is the answer.
- A carport can make an excellent entertainment area on the weekends, particularly if you don’t have an outdoor living space or it’s on the small side. Just park your cars on the street for a few hours, bring in tables, chairs and a barbecue, and your carport is now party-central!
- With some clever thinking and a few additions, a carport will beef up the security of your cars. For example, you can install lighting with motion sensors, install a security camera on your new carport, partly enclose your carport, install a garage door on the front and, if possible, locate your carport further back from the street with a view from a window or glass door.
- Finally, a new carport is highly likely to increase the value of your Melbourne home. There are no guarantees, of course, but in a weak market a home with a carport is more likely to sell compared to a home without, and in a strong market the addition of a carport is likely to increase the selling price.
Let Outside Concepts change your life
It might be taking it a bit far to say that a new carport can be life changing, however, if you agree that it would be a valuable addition for your home, then you need to call Outside Concepts on 1800 601 674.
In the western suburbs of Melbourne, our branch manager Kose will then get in touch to organise a no-obligation and free discussion, design and quote. Kose and his North Western & Western Branch team can help with the entire range of Outside Concepts products, including pergolas, patios, deck and carports.
From concept to clean up, you can rely on us. Give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674 to organise a free quote.
Could a new carport for your Melbourne western suburbs home be life changing?