Metal Frame Patio Installer in Geelong
With winter just around the corner, it’s time to prepare your Geelong patio for the colder, rainy weather. While others may head inside to hibernate for the winter, you know you want to be outside more, barbecuing, relaxing and entertaining and with a bit of preparation you can.
Here are a few tips from our Outside Concepts branch in Geelong on how to prepare your outdoor living area for winter.
Patio winter preparation tips
- The winter nights are quite short, so if your Geelong patio doesn’t have adequate lighting, this is a great place to start. You could spend quite a bit of money on lighting, integrating it into your patio, but for a more economical solution grab a set or two of party lights. They’re all the rage these days and look great, as well as providing reasonable lighting.
- Autumn precedes winter and that means for a lot of householders their gutters will be full of leaves or other debris. Before the winter rains hit, give your gutters a good clean, not just around your patio but your whole house. It could save you some water damage and time-consuming clean ups.
- Talking of rain, if your patio doesn’t have a roof or your roof is damaged, now’s the time to do something about it. You won’t spend much time in your outdoor living area if your outdoor furniture is continually wet.
- Winter, dare we say it, can be cold. Yes, you could rug up in four layers and pop on that beanie that makes you look like a teapot, but adding some heat is an excellent idea. Keeping the heat in once you’ve created it also makes sense. See last week’s blog on Top 7 tips for staying warm in your pergola for tips.
- If you have timber furniture, give it an oil to extend its lifespan. Also, give all your outdoor furniture a good clean, as well as your deck, pavers or other flooring.
- To make your patio more cosy and inviting, add some pillows and blankets. You can purchase pillows and blankets that are suitable for outside, or otherwise just bring them from inside. Either way, they’ll make your Geelong patio more comfortable in the colder weather.
Need a new patio for your Geelong home?
It’s difficult to get interested about spending time outdoors during winter if you don’t have a patio or other outdoor living area. However, there’s a solution to that as well. Simply give Outside Concepts a call and we’ll organise to visit your home, discuss your project and provide a free quote and design.
Jaan McKenzie is the branch manager of Outside Concepts in Geelong and he can build you a patio that you’ll want to use all-year-round. Phone 1800 601 674 or submit a contact form on Jaan’s page to get the process rolling.
Find out about Outside Concepts’ 10-year structural warranty. Call us on 1800 601 674.
Spend more time outdoors in your Geelong patio this winter, with these preparation tips.