If you’re considering a new patio for your Melbourne home, it needs to be practical and meet the requirements of you and your family. Just as important, it will need to look great and add significant value to your home.
So, how can you make sure your new Melbourne patio and outdoor space will be as impressive as a rocket launch from Cape Canaveral?
10 tips for an impressive patio
Creating a visually appealing patio involves careful planning, attention to detail, and the right combination of design elements. Here are some essential tips to ensure your new patio looks great:
- Define the purpose: Determine how you will mostly use your patio. Entertaining guests, dining, lounging or a combination? Understanding this will help you design a patio layout that suits your needs and lifestyle.
- Choose the best location: Select a location that complements the natural flow of your home and outdoor space. Often, off your main living area is the best choice, but you should also consider factors like sunlight exposure, wind direction, privacy, and accessibility.
- Select high-quality materials: Invest in durable and high-quality materials. By using only quality materials, your new Melbourne patio will look great and provide longevity and ease of maintenance.
- Design an inviting layout: Create a well-defined layout that’s in-line with your purpose set out in point 1. This can include designated spaces for lounging, dining, cooking and other activities.
- Incorporate greenery: Integrate plants and landscaping elements to your patio area and surrounds to add softness to the patio design. This can include potted plants, flower beds or vertical gardens to create a lush and inviting atmosphere.
- Add lighting: Outdoor lighting sets the mood and extends the usability of your patio into the evening. Incorporate a mix of ambient, task, and accent lighting to create a warm and inviting ambiance.
- Choose comfortable furniture: Invest in comfortable and weather-resistant patio furniture. Choose materials that can withstand outdoor conditions, including cushions and upholstery that are easy to clean and maintain.
- Add a water feature: Incorporate a water feature – like a fountain or a small pond – to create a calming and tranquil atmosphere. The soothing sound of running water can enhance the overall ambiance.
- Personalise with décor: Add your personal touch with outdoor décor. It could be as simple as decorative pillows and rugs. Or you could go further with lanterns, artwork and other items. Incorporate colours and patterns that complement your home’s exterior and reflect your style.
- Clean regularly: A well designed and built patio won’t need much if any maintenance, but it will need to be cleaned regularly to ensure it continues to look great over time. Don’t worry, it’s not particularly onerous. A regular sweep and occasional washdown of the surfaces and a trim of the plants is all that may be required.
Outside Concepts Melbourne branch builds great patios
If you live in the Melbourne area and are considering building a new patio, pergola, verandah, deck or carport, David Buntin and his Bayside branch are the specialists.
Get in touch with David by phoning us on 1800 601 674 or submitting a contact form on his branch page. He can then organise a time to visit your home for an initial discussion, free design and quote.
New Melbourne patio, ready for launch!
By following Outside Concepts tips to create a patio for your Melbourne home, you’ll end up with a space that is entirely practical and looks great.
From concept to clean up, you can rely on us. Give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674 to organise a free quote.