Here’s a tip from Outside Concepts that on the surface may surprise you. The tip: If you’re considering selling your Melbourne home in the next couple of years, or even in the next few months, now is the perfect time to install a new outdoor living area.
You may be thinking, “Hang on, isn’t it better to install a new outdoor living area for my Melbourne home so that my family and I can enjoy it?”. And of course the answer is yes. If you are going to stay in your home for the foreseeable future, a new outdoor living area will be tremendous asset. You’ll have an area outside where you can relax by yourself or with you family, and entertain your friends.
However, we still stand by our tip. That’s because if you are thinking of selling, pulling down an old, ugly outdoor space and replacing it, or installing a new space if you don’t have one makes sense, because it will make your home more attractive to potential buyers.
In a slow market, the addition of a lovely outdoor space can make the difference between a sale or no sale. In a good market, you can easily recoup the cost you invest. In fact, often you’ll make a nice profit, which you can use to spend on your next home!
Build a new outdoor living area in Melbourne and they will come!
In a recent article on the OpenAgent website, they highlighted several ways to increase the value of your home when it comes time to sell. Interestingly, not all of them require significant expense.
- Their first tip was to add a timber deck. It doesn’t need to be elaborate. A simple timber deck will add warmth and comfort, and will create the inviting outdoor space that so many people are looking for.
- If you can afford to cover your timber deck with a pergola, verandah or patio, even better. With a cover for your outdoor space, people can relax and entertain without the fear of rain, hail or hot sun spoiling the party.
- Create a lush, green oasis in your backyard, as an attractive backyard will attract higher offers for your home than an unkept, overgrown one. OpenAgent suggests using low-maintenance artificial grass, which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, so by all means swap this suggestion for the real stuff.
- Even if you have an outdoor space already, consider improving it by investing in outdoor blinds. As the article says, installing outdoor blinds is like adding another room to your home and makes your Melbourne outdoor living area more usable all year round.
- Install a swimming pool. This suggestion certainly isn’t cheap and perhaps isn’t as important in the Melbourne market.
Contact Outside Concepts for your new Melbourne outdoor living area
Here’s another valuable tip to add value to your Melbourne home – get our Berwick branch to design and install a new outdoor living area for you.
Owner and operator Darren Cooper has many years of experience in the industry and knows how to create an inviting outdoor living area without breaking the bank. Whether you’re thinking of a new outdoor living space to stay or to go, contact Darren and Outside Concepts today!
Looking for a solution to your outdoor lifestyle? Call us now for a free quote on 1800 601 674.
Considering selling your Melbourne home? A new outdoor space will be worth its weight in gold.