Whether it’s the warmer weather, football finals, flowers in the garden, longer daylight hours, the birds singing or the chance to open up the windows and doors to let the breeze in, there’s so much to love about the start of spring. Plus, of course, there’s the chance to get outdoors more often and enjoy the Aussie alfresco lifestyle in your outdoor living area.
Another thing that is also synonymous with spring is, well, spring cleaning. If you’re like most people there are probably many things you could do outside the house to get your outdoor living area ready for the coming months of entertainment and relaxation.
5 tips to spring clean your outdoor living area
- Give your outdoor structures a thorough inspection to look for any issues. Peeling paint, a loose decking board or a flapping roofing sheet are jobs the average DIYer can tackle.
- Inspect and clean the gutters on your outdoor living structure and your entire home.
- Give your entire outdoor living area a good clean, eliminating cobwebs on the ceiling, dirt on your garden furniture, grime on the floor and any mess in-between. A high-pressure washer will be a great tool for this job, but you can use a broom, mop and bucket instead.
- Your BBQ may require special attention, particularly if you haven’t used it for some time. Give the cooking surfaces a thorough clean with a commercial product or, for a home-made remedy, sprinkle some baking soda onto your BBQ and then scrub with a damp brush, before rinsing or wiping down.
- Give the garden surrounding your outdoor living area some tender loving care. By removing weeds, fertilising, pruning and topping up the mulch, you can help keep your plants thriving, which will make your outdoor living area even more inviting.
Spring is also a great time to plan for a new outdoor living area, if your current one is lacking or you don’t have an outside area to relax and entertain.
Outside Concepts can design and build a new patio, pergola or verandah that will be a wonderful investment for you and your family now and well into the future. It all starts with a no-obligation discussion about your needs, followed by a free design and quote. Then, when you go ahead with the project, we’ll be with you every step of the way, from the local government requirements to the clean up at the end.
Find out about Outside Concepts’ 10-year structural warranty. Call us on 1800 601 674.