Where will you be spending your Christmas Day in your Melbourne home? We don’t know about you, but for us it’s about getting outside as much as possible into our outdoor living areas. Roasts and hot vegetables may be replaced by prawns and steaks on the barbecue, plus cold salads, depending on the forecast. As we know in Melbourne, that could be anything between about 16 and 40 degrees!
If you’re like us and want to spend Christmas Day in your Melbourne outdoor living area, it’s time to start planning ahead. By using our top 5 tips, you’ll be ready for the big day with hardly any stress involved.
5 tips for spending Christmas in your Melbourne outdoor living area
- Our first tip is something that you can do now and that’s to give your outdoor living area a really good clean. Get rid of all the dust, dirt, grime, spider webs and bird poo. You might need to give the area a quick clean again closer to the day, but by getting this job out of the way early in December you’ll be well on your way to a hassle-free Christmas.
- Another job you can tick-off early is to clean up the surrounds of your Melbourne outdoor living area to make it more appealing. Pruning, mowing, watering and mulching will help to get your garden looking in tip-top condition. Adding some instant colour with some annuals, in the garden or in pots, can also be a nice investment.
- What if Christmas Day is going to be 40 degrees? Will you be deserting your Melbourne outdoor living area for the sanctuary of your air-conditioned home? That is one solution, but if you plan ahead you can help cool your outdoor living area for Christmas Day or any day the temperature rises. A temporary solution is to use some portable fans, although you may consider installing ceiling fans or other cooling as a more permanent fix. You can even buy misting systems without spending a fortune. Outdoor blinds and awnings are also worth considering.
- Christmas lights, table decorations and other Christmassy nick-nacks will help to get people into the festive spirit. Of course you can go overboard, but there’s no need to. Some simple fairy lights, votive candles and a Christmas tablecloth may be all you need.
- While there are those that love to cook and enjoy spending half their Christmas Day in the kitchen, most of us would prefer to be in our outdoor living area relaxing with friends or family. Dishes that can be made ahead and simply reheated or brought out from the fridge will certainly help to reduce your preparation time.
Melbourne outdoor living with Outside Concepts
These tips are brought to you by Outside Concepts’ North Eastern Branch. If you don’t have a nice outdoor living area to enjoy Christmas at your Melbourne home, it’s a bit late for this year, but it is a good time to plan. Contact branch manager Ron Matz by submitting the contact form on his branch page or phone 1800 601 674 and we’ll organise Ron to give you a call.
From concept to clean up, you can rely on us. Give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674 to organise a free quote.