Maintaining outdoor structures on the summer holidays
January 04, 2016 | Outdoor living | 1 comments
| Author: Paul Hurkmans
If you’re enjoying a holiday this Festive Season, chances are that spending time with family and friends and relaxing are on the agenda. However, if you’re like most people you’ll also need to be a little productive and do some work around the home. One of things you should consider is maintaining outdoor structures.
Here are some tips from Outside Concepts of things that may need doing on the outside of your home, and particularly around maintaining outdoor structures:
- One of the best tips is simply to have a good look around. It’s amazing the things we all miss when we’re not looking. A roof tile that’s moved, a decking nail that’s raised, peeling paint, etc, etc. So take a good look around to identify any issues that need fixing.
- Maintaining outdoor structures can be as simple as removing leaves and debris from gutters and downpipes.
- Re-oil the deck or give it a good clean with detergent or commercial deck cleaner.
- One of the best ways of maintaining outdoor structures and making your backyard look good is to keep it clean. If you have a high-pressure sprayer, give all your walls, fences, decks and eaves a clean. If you’ve got kids, this is a great job for them as they love spraying water around. Just get on your boardshorts or head inside first – their aim is not always great!
- Trim any tree branches or vegetation that is scraping against the house.
- Examine the flywire on all doors and windows that you keep open. A hole in flywire is an open invitation to insects.
- Perform any re-painting that’s required.
Always remember, however, that it is important to relax on your holidays. If you considering maintaining your outdoor structures, great. But if you’re considering a bigger project, like erecting a deck or new patio, call in the experts at Outside Concepts. We can take care of everything for you, so you’ll have more time to do the things you want to do!