These days it seems that styling homes in Melbourne is sexy. Everyone wants the best look and the latest trends for their homes, so why should our pergolas be any different? By creating an outdoor living area that looks great, you’ll want to spend more time in it and have guests over to entertain more often.
8 tips for creating a stylish pergola
How can you create a pergola for your Melbourne home that hits the heights of style? Start with these tips from Outside Concepts North Eastern branch and you’ll be well on your way.
- One of the most important things you can do inside your home when it comes to style is colour. The same goes outside. It’s not just about choosing the best paint colour to use on your Melbourne pergola. Everything can make a difference, including the colour of any cushions, blankets or throws on your outdoor furniture, the colour of your furniture and the shades of your timber decking. See what will be big in colours in 2023.
- Incorporate greenery in your pergola, whether it’s surrounding gardens, pots or a vertical garden. Even if you don’t have a green thumb, you can create a stylish green oasis. Start with getting advice from your local nursery.
- Add a water feature, whether it’s a small pond with fish or a large waterfall.
- Take inspiration from your indoor style by pulling colours, textures and other aspects from inside and using them in your Melbourne pergola. This helps to connect your outdoors with your indoors.
- Add lighting to your pergola for an outdoor living area with wow factor at night. It can be as simple as strings of globes. For a more expensive option, you can also integrate lighting if your pergola has a ceiling or add pendants.
- Keep your outdoor living area tidy and remove all the clutter. This means removing everything apart from your outdoor furniture, a barbecue or outdoor kitchen, plus pots and planters. A clean pergola will always be more stylish than one that’s cluttered or messy.
- If you have space in your pergola, incorporate different areas. For example, a cooking area where your barbecue or outdoor kitchen is located, a dining area and an area to lounge.
- Don’t forget to accessorise to complement what you have indoors. Add an outdoor rug, cushions, blankets, throws, tea candles and other items that will add style and make for a cosy pergola.
If you’re looking for a new pergola for your Melbourne home, here’s a way to make sure it reaches the heights in style. Get Outside Concepts to design and build the pergola for you.
Ron Matz and his team from Outside Concepts North Eastern branch has the experience and skills to make sure your pergola has the wow factor. Add in our great customer service and competitive pricing, and it’s easy to see why Outside Concepts’ reputation for quality and hassle-free projects is so strong.
Life’s too short to compromise. Phone Outside Concepts on 1800 601 674 for a free quote.
Here are a selection of pergolas Outside Concepts have constructed.