There’s a debate that is raging and it’s not about the upcoming Federal Election, it’s about what roof a homeowner should put on their new Sydney North patio or pergola. While Colorbond and roofing tiles are common choices, if you’re looking for a roof that provides extra space underneath and lets plenty of light in, a curved polycarbonate roof is the winner.
A curved polycarbonate roof for your Sydney North patio or pergola
Take a look at the images on this page. A Sydney North patio and a Sydney North pergola that feature a curved polycarbonate roof. Both the patio and pergola have been built by Outside Concepts Sydney North Branch.
The images show that the curved roof is practical – they will do a great job of keeping the rain out of your Sydney North patio or pergola and, due to the UV protection of the polycarbonate, keep the harmful rays of the sun off your exposed skin. But the curved polycarbonate roof is much more than practical. It’s a design element that adds a unique style that many other roofs simply can’t match.
But that’s not all. If you put a curved polycarbonate roof on your Sydney North patio or Sydney North pergola you’ll also enjoy two other benefits. These are:
- Space – A curved roof provides more space underneath it, particularly in the middle of the curve. This is particularly useful if you are putting a roof on a patio or pergola that feels a bit cramped, or the attachment points for the patio or pergola are low.
- Light – The great advantage of translucent polycarbonate roofing is that it does a great job of transmitting light. In fact, it can allow up to 90 per cent of available light to enter your outdoor living area, which is particularly useful if your Sydney North patio or pergola is being built in a spot on your block that’s already a little dark.
The other advantages of choosing polycarbonate for your roofing material include:
- It’s high impact resistance. We get quite a lot of storms and hail in the Sydney area and polycarbonate roofing can easily handle it. In fact, it’s virtually unbreakable.
- Polycarbonate is weather and UV resistant.
- It helps to reduce the noise that enters your patio or pergola.
- It’s lightweight and easy to work with, handle and install.
- It’s versatile; so much so that it can be curved!
Who will build your Sydney North patio or pergola?
Whether you want a curved polycarbonate roof or you go with more traditional options, the best people to build your new patio or pergola is also clear – Outside Concepts Sydney North Branch.
The team at Outside Concepts has vast experience in building patios and pergolas, as well as other outside structures, in the Sydney North area. They also have an excellent understanding of the building application process in the Northern Beaches area, which can be a big advantage that can save you a lot of time and money.
To organise Outside Concepts to visit you for a no-obligation discussion, free quote and free design, call us on 1800 601 674, or go to their branch page and submit a contact form.
Find out about Outside Concepts’ 10-year structural warranty. Call us on 1800 601 674.