In the Southern States of Australia and NSW it’s time to batten down the hatches as winter is officially here! But that doesn’t mean it’s time to hibernate. You can still enjoy eating, drinking, relaxing and entertaining in your Sydney outdoor living area with some sensible investments and preparation.
How to prepare your Sydney outdoor living area for winter:
- The most obvious investment you can make is an outdoor heater. There are many different types and styles to choose from. See our recent outdoor heater blog for inspiration.
- Whether you have a heater or not, keeping the cold out is vital and that’s where outdoor blinds come to the fore. Cafe blinds are not only practical they look good and are easy to open and close, so contact Outside Concepts today for a free quote.
- Turn off the outdoor heater and get warm the natural way, by getting to work. There are plenty of things to do outside that will protect your home and Sydney outdoor living area and make your backyard a more attractive place to be. These include:
- Sweeping up and collecting autumn leaves. Try composting them, rather than putting them in the bin, and make a rich soil additive or mulch for spring.
- Clean your gutters. Most rain damage can easily be prevented by making sure your gutters and downpipes are clear.
- Plant some winter colour, either in your garden or in pots where you can enjoy them while having a cuppa outside. Consider plants such as hellebores, daphne, hardenbergia and cyclamen, which all flower in winter when most plants are looking a bit dull.
- Keep your outdoor area tidy but regularly mowing, sweeping and weeding.
Outside Concepts builds great things. Call now for a free Quote 1800 601 674.