When you’re looking to extend your outdoor living and entertainment opportunities, we reckon timber decking is the best choice. At this time of the year it gets pelted with rain, hail and debris, gets leaves, dirt and mud ground into the surface and still looks great. It’s less likely to stain than some hard surfaces and, with a little maintenance, you can easily keep your timber decking looking as good as new.
Here are some more reasons why timber decking is a great choice:
- Timber decking is less expensive to buy than paving materials. Plus, if you’re getting your timber deck installed by a professional (i.e. Outside Concepts!) it generally costs less to install than pavers and many other hard surfaces.
- Pavers, concrete, et al are called hard surfaces for a reason. That is, they’re hard! Timber decking, on the other hand, provides a little bit of give and is less harsh on the feet. It will also generally be less hot in sunny weather than many hard surfaces and less slippery when wet.
- A timber deck can also be more forgiving than hard surfaces if you tend to be a bit clumsy. As an example, drop a glass container or ceramic pot on paving or concrete and it’s goodbye to the item. On a timber deck, if you’re lucky, it will live to serve a purpose for another day!
- For raised surfaces, timber decking is an even better choice. Yes, you can sometimes use other materials if you wish but the cost of building the level up will make the overall price even greater.
- You may read that timber decking requires regular maintenance and that in part is true. A clean every now and again and reoiling every year (or every two years if you’re feeling lazy) is required to keep it looking virtually brand new. But reoiling is a pretty easy and quick job. Even a large deck can be reoiled in a couple of hours or so and you can be reusing your timber decking again that evening.
These are all great reasons to choose timber decking, but we’ve left perhaps the best for last. A timber deck simply looks magnificent. Yes, as mentioned above, you do need to maintain it to keep it looking magnificent, but the minor effort certainly pays off.
Need more convincing of the virtues of timber decking? Then give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674. We can organise a day and time for one of our branch managers to visit to chat to you and provide a free design and quote.
Find out about Outside Concepts’ 10-year structural warranty. Call us on 1800 601 674.