Getting outside into your Launceston patio or on your Launceston deck might not be so attractive at this time of the year, but it doesn’t have to be that way. When the weather turns cold it’s not necessarily time to head indoors; it’s time to get creative and put the heat on your outdoor living area.
Keep the heat in your Launceston patio
Before we look at ways to add heat to your Launceston patio, it’s important to look at ways to keep heat in and the cold out. In fact, just by applying the tips below you may find your deck or patio warm enough to venture into regularly, even in winter:
- If you’re considering building a new Launceston deck or patio, carefully think about the location before you build. For maximum use during winter, position your structure where it will capture the winter sun for a good part of the day, while receiving protection from the winds. North is often the best choice if possible.
- Most patios and decks have protection on one or two sides, but that still leaves two or three sides open to the cold winter winds and rain. The solution is relatively simple – install outdoor blinds on your Launceston patio. Most good, modern outdoor blinds will help to keep the warmth in and the cold out, but for winter your best choice will be PVC blinds.
Heat up your Launceston patio
While the above measures will help to ward off the cold, to get maximum use from your Launceston patio or deck during winter you’ll probably want to add heating. Here are some options worth considering:
- For the budget conscious, think portable gas patio heaters, portable electric patio heaters and combustible fuel options such as fire pits and chimineas. Remember, however, that if you have a timber deck you’ll need to provide protection for combustible fires.
- If you’re willing to spend a little more, consider wall or roof-mounted gas outdoor heaters. They’ll need to be integrated into your home’s gas system, making them a more expensive option, but the benefits can be significant. Similarly, you can also have an electric outdoor heater mounted to the walls and/or roof of your Launceston patio. Add several, strategically placed around your patio or deck, and you’ll soon be as warm as toast.
- For the ultimate, consider a free-standing or wall-mounted gas or wood-fired heater similar to the types you’d normally find indoors. These outdoor heaters provide excellent heat as well as ambience.
Contact Outside Concepts in Launceston
Whether it’s winter, spring, summer or autumn, you’ll get a warm reception from Outside Concepts Launceston branch. The branch services all parts of Launceston, as well as surrounding areas in the north of Tasmania.
The Launceston branch is owned and managed by Ray Heald, a local who has lived in the Launceston area for over 20 years. Ray and his team can help you with all outdoor projects, big or small, from concept to clean up.
Give Ray and Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674.
From concept to clean up, you can rely on us. Give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674 to organise a free quote.