Some homeowners come to Outside Concepts with a list of needs and wants for a new patio, some come to us with ideas, some even with plans to quote on. Whatever has you contacting us, if you’re looking for a Melbourne patio builder, you can be assured the result will be exactly what you want your patio to be.
Werribee patio fit for kings and queens
Recently, Werribee homeowners contacted our North Western & Western Melbourne branch to quote on plans they had for a new patio. We provided a quote and recommended some changes to the plans, which the homeowners wholeheartedly accepted and the patio went ahead.
As you’ll see from the images on this page, the new Melbourne patio is certainly of royal proportions. It features a large roof area that adjoins the home and covers a concrete surface, which perfectly complements the home and the surrounds. Integrated lighting and ceiling fans complete the look, adding style as well as functional benefits.
The other important feature of the Melbourne patio is the use of outdoor blinds across the main section of the patio. This will provide many benefits for the Werribee family, chief among them that they’ll be able to use their new patio and be more comfortable for longer, no matter what the weather provides.
Spend more time in your outdoor entertainment area
If you’re looking for ways of spending more time in your outdoor area, take a leaf out of the Werribee homeowner’s book and install outdoor blinds. They’ll keep the hot sun and warm winds out during summer, while during winter they’ll do the same with rain and cold breezes.
Here are some other ways to make your outdoor area more comfortable in any weather:
- Consider adding a cooling system. It needn’t be elaborate or expensive. A simple misting system designed for the job or fans are perfect. If you want to go further, an evaporative cooler works well in areas like Melbourne where humidity in summer is usually low.
- Always have plenty of shade. If you have a roof over your patio you’re at least partly covered (pardon the pun!), but the addition of outdoor blinds will certainly help. If you don’t have a roof, consider umbrellas, extendable awnings and advanced shrubs and trees.
- Incorporate a cooling element, like a shallow pool or water feature.
- For cold weather, add some heating. Fire pits and chimineas are inexpensive options and add ambience as well as heat. You could also consider gas and electric patio heaters or a more elaborate outdoor gas or wood fireplace.
- Outdoor blinds are also great when it comes to keeping heat that you generate inside your patio, where you need it.
- Add warm accessories to go with your furniture, including outdoor blankets, throws and cushions. An outdoor rug will also make the area feel warmer and more inviting.
Looking for a solution to your outdoor lifestyle? Call us now for a free quote on 1800 601 674.
Whatever your plans for a new Melbourne patio, Outside Concepts has the know-how to make it happen.