Why is a Melbourne timber deck the best choice?
September 16, 2015 | Deck design, Decking, Decks | 0 comments | Author: Paul Hurkmans
Whether it’s a large Melbourne timber deck off the back of a home for entertaining and relaxing, or a small deck to act as a front porch, installing timber decking is one of the best investments you can make as a home owner.
While there are a number of materials you can choose for a deck, timber is and always will be the best choice.
Here are just a few reasons why a Melbourne timber deck should be your first choice:
- First and foremost, timber is great looking. In fact, it’s darn gorgeous!
- A Melbourne timber deck will be durable and most timber decking choices are resistant to rot and insects.
- A well maintained deck will probably outlast you and will look just as good as the day it was laid.
- Decking timber is more forgiving than pavers, tiles and other hard materials, so it’s comfortable to walk on in bare feet and dropped items are less likely to break.
- Compared to other materials, timber stays relatively cool in the hot summer sun.
- Timber is less slippery than many other materials, making it a particularly good choice around a pool or spa.
- There are a variety of timbers to choose from to suit the style of your home and backyard, from light timbers through to dark, rich timbers.
- Timber decking is less expensive than many other materials.
Whether you have grand or small deck plans, when you’re ready to create a gorgeous new timber deck for your Melbourne home, give the timber decking experts a call. Outside Concepts will visit you to develop a free design and quote. Rest-assured, you’re in good hands with Outside Concepts.
Find out about Outside Concepts’ 10-year structural warranty. Call us on 1800 601 674.