As the warmth of summer beckons, many families are gearing up to host casual get-togethers with family members or parties with a host of friends. What better way to do so than with a barbecue on your Melbourne verandah? With a touch of planning, your next event can be both a hit and stress-free.
Here are some top tips for preparing your verandah for the ultimate barbecue experience:
- If it’s been a while since your verandah has had some TLC, now’s the perfect time. Sweep, clean and wipe all surfaces. If possible, use a pressure cleaner for a thorough wash.
- Spruce up the surrounding greenery. Mow the lawn, weed the garden, apply fresh mulch, prune plants, water the garden and consider adding potted plants for instant highlights.
- Ensure you have enough outdoor furniture for everyone. While purchasing more outdoor furniture is one consideration, don’t forget you can also repurpose indoor furniture to accommodate occasional larger gatherings.
- Even casual events benefit from a touch of decoration. Simple additions like a tablecloth, potted plants and fairy lights can transform your verandah into a cosy and inviting space.
- Prepare for unpredictable weather – or Melbourne’s four seasons in one day – by installing outdoor blinds on your verandah. They offer protection from both cold and heat, and effectively shield against wind and rain.
As the event draws nearer, here are tips for the day before and the day of the barbecue:
- Ensure your barbecue is clean and the gas bottle is adequately filled. Running out of gas mid-cook is a situation best avoided.
- Consider offering a variety of foods beyond the usual sausages and steaks. Whole fish, prawns, and grilled vegetables like corn, zucchini, mushrooms and capsicum add flair to a menu.
- It’s your party so you should enjoy it too. One way to do ensure this is to prevent regular trips back inside. For example, stock up on ice to fill an esky or two, minimising trips indoors for drinks. Place a large container nearby but out of the way for recyclables and to prevent trips to the recycling bin. And do as much cooking as possible on the barbecue – or have preprepared salads on hand – to reduce trips inside.
No Melbourne verandah? We have the solution for that too!
If the idea of a barbecue get-together or party has you excited, but you lack a verandah for your Melbourne home, fret not. We have the answer for that too!
Simply call Outside Concepts on 1800 601 674 and we’ll get a local branch member to get in touch for a no-obligation discussion.
If you live in the north western or western suburbs of Melbourne that will be Kose. He has a wealth of experience in building outdoor structures, ensuring you can host your dream barbecue in style.
Contact Outside Concepts today or submit a contact form on Kose’s page to turn your verandah dreams into reality!
Concept to clean up. Call Outside Concepts for a free quote on 1800 601 674.
Get ready to host family get-togethers and parties in your Melbourne verandah with these tips from Outside Concepts.