Whether you’re replacing the roof on your existing outdoor structure or considering building a new pergola, patio, verandah or carport, one of the major considerations is the type of roofing material. In other words, what roofing material is the best?
These days there are several options to choose from. So if you’re thinking, what roofing material is the best for you, consider:
- Colorbond metal roofing – gone are the days when zincalume or galvanised roofing sheets are your only metal roofing options. Colorbond is the most popular metal roofing material today. It’s strong, durable, resistant to corrosion and comes in a range of colour choices.
- Polycarbonate roofing is another popular choice that’s been around for ages, but has undergone extensive change since first introduced. It allows the light in while keeping UV rays out and comes in a variety of shades and profiles.
- Roofing tiles are also available in a wide range of colours, profiles and finishes. Generally, when choosing a tile for your outdoor structure, the best choice is to use the same tile that’s used on your house. This helps to marry the two structures and is a style winner.
- Insulated roofing material combines the roof, insulation and ceiling-like finish in one. Using insulated roofing material can significantly reduce the heat inside your outdoor area – and your adjoining house – on a hot day.
- Specialty options. Perhaps you’re after something a bit different. A louvered roof, a retractable roof or a roof that combines the benefits of two or more roofing materials.
So, when asking what roofing material is the best for you, it really depends on your needs, the style you are after and your budget.
Over the new few weeks we’ll look at these roofing material options in detail. In the meantime, if you want any further advice on the best roof for your outdoor structure, contact Outside Concepts today!
Life’s too short to compromise. Phone Outside Concepts on 1800 601 674 for a free quote.