If you’re considering building a new Adelaide carport and want to beef up security and protection for your cars, there’s one addition that will do both. Add a roller door to your carport.
A carport with a roller door is still a carport
Before we look further at the benefits of adding a roller door to your Adelaide carport, let’s confront the elephant in the room. Is a carport with a roller door still a carport?
The simple answer is yes. While there can be other distinctions, the main difference between a garage and a carport is that a garage is enclosed. The addition of a roller door to your carport won’t fully enclose your structure.
The benefits of an Adelaide carport with a roller door
There are five main benefits of adding a roller door to your new carport:
- The biggest benefit is security. Whether the carport is being used for your precious cars, a caravan, a boat or some other vehicle, the addition of a roller door will provide increased security. A roller door increases security in two ways – potential thieves may not be able to see your vehicles and it will make it harder for them to steal your vehicles if they do.
- A roller door can also provide increased protection from the elements. This is particularly the case if the front of your structure is exposed to the path of the sun or prevailing winds that can drive rain, hail, dust and debris inside your carport.
- Roller doors are also great to improve privacy inside your carport. This can be particularly a bonus if you use your carport as a part-time area to relax or entertain.
- Any new carport will add value to your Adelaide home (particularly if it’s a carport that’s custom-made for your home by Outside Concepts!). The addition of a roller door will increase the value-add.
- Lastly, today’s roller doors are very easy to use and operate. While you can of course have a manually operated roller door, most people choose roller doors that can be operated remotely. Perfect for when it’s raining or unpleasantly hot.
A carport with a roller door the Outside Concepts way
If you live in Adelaide’s eastern suburbs and are interested in adding a new carport, Brian Rohan and his Outside Concepts’ Eastern Branch team can help. Like the other Outside Concepts branches, Brian specialises in providing customised solutions. This means he can design and build a carport that perfectly matches your needs and your home, including, if you want, the addition of a roller door.
How much will the addition of a roller door add to the cost of your new Adelaide carport? This will depend on a range of factors, such as size, design and of course automation. You might only need to add several hundred for a single carport roller door that’s manually operated. For double roller doors that are automated, expect to add several thousand to the cost.
The best way to understand how much the addition of a roller door will cost is to organise a no-obligation design and quote, by phoning us on 1800 601 674.
You can roll with confidence when you choose Outside Concepts.
From concept to clean up, you can rely on us. Give Outside Concepts a call on 1800 601 674 to organise a free quote.
Is an Adelaide carport with a roller door added still a carport? You bet, and it’s loaded with benefits.