What do you do if you have a tired, old existing verandah that needs replacing, but don’t have the time to do much about it? If you live in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, you call Outside Concepts South Brisbane branch.
This was the scenario facing Ken and Fiona, who have a beautiful home in Brisbane with an entertainment area overlooking a stunning pool. Unfortunately, the existing verandah fell far short of the rest of the home and the surrounds. It was far from beautiful and was long past its best.
Ken and Fiona made the wise decision to contact Brody Glasby and the team from Outside Concepts. They sat down with Brody and chatted about their vision of having a dream entertainment area where they could relax and spend time with family and friends. Other considerations were to maximise the free space under the verandah and to utilise stained timber with a modern twist, to create their ideal look.
Once the design and quote were accepted, and council approval given (using Brody’s drawings and engineering), Brody and his team quickly delivered on the project, which included:
- Demolishing and remove the existing aged and tired metal Brisbane verandah.
- Designing a footing support system that minimised impact on the existing stamped concrete surrounds.
- Constructing the new free span verandah, which is an impressive 11 metres by 6 metres.
- This included the design and installation of a 3 metre high laminated hardwood post and beam system to support the new roofing. A laminated hardwood beam was also installed on the home’s wall line to continue the polished timber theme.
- To reduce the Brisbane heat, 100mm insulated panel roofing was used, with a colour chosen to match the home’s roof and trims.
- The new verandah roof was installed over the top of the adjacent family room roof to provide maximum airflow and comfort during the hot summer months. This also provides more space underneath the roof.
The final result is a striking timber structure with a thoroughly modern roofing system. This is complemented by recessed lighting and ceiling fans to provide an entertainment space that perfectly meets the brief.
Brisbane verandah adds value
While Ken and Fiona won’t be going anywhere for quite a while (they’re too busy enjoying their new entertainment area!) the other thing they have done is added great value to their home.
The old verandah was probably lowering the value of the home and would have been a negative to any potential home buyers if the home was put on the market. With it gone, and a beautiful new verandah in its place, Ken and Fiona, and any future homeowners, have an outside space they will be proud to use for many decades.
Life’s too short to compromise. Phone Outside Concepts on 1800 601 674 for a free quote.
A new entertainment area was required to replace a tired, old existing verandah on this lovely Brisbane home, and that’s exactly what Outside Concepts delivered.